Lenuci horseshoe is a complex of eight squares and parks in central Zagreb.
Lenuci or green stream is representative of an area that provides an important feature of Zagreb’s urban identity. The new parks formed a U shape similar to a horseshoe.
The parks were projected between 1883 and 1887, at a time when today’s Donji grad formed the southern outskirts of Zagreb.
The horseshoe got its name from Milan Lenuci, one of the most prominent architects of his time and a city planner during the expansion.
1. Zrinjevac square Nikole Šubića Zrinskog Read more
2. Strossmayer Square Square J. Strossmayera Read more
3. King Tomislav Square King Tomislav Square Read more
4. Ante Starčević Square Ante Starčević Square Read more
5. Botanical garden Square Marka Marulića 9A Read more
6. Marko Marulić Square Marko Marulić Square Read more
7. Ivan Mažuranić Square Square Ivan Mažuranić Read more
8. Republic of Croatia Square Square Republic of Croatia Read more